Everybody loves the Blackhawks!
You can go watch them live at the United Center if you can get tickets.
Or watch them on TV with a bunch of other fans at one of these Official Blackhawks Bars. Official Blackhawks Bars play the game on most or all of their TVs and there’s sound- other games on other TVs are muted. Also, they have the spinning red light and play the Chelsea Dagger when the Hawks score, which is fun.
These are some of my faves:
Gold Coast/Mag Mile/Old Town:
- Butch McGuires. Bonus points if you go near Christmas for an out of control decoration situation.
- The Lodge: Super low key, oldey timey and retro- one of the oldest bars in Chicago! Also, kinda lodgey.
- The Snuggery: Ok, I’ve never been here but I like the name. Who doesn’t like to snuggle while watching sports and drinking beer?
- Beer Bistro: Tons of different beers here and good food, too.
- Crossroads Public House: This is where we celebrated the 2013 Stanley Cup Victory
- Michael Diversey: Very lively, full to brimming with Bros and Trixies- but still, it’s our go to Blackhawks Bar, plus they have good food
- Mother Hubbards: lots of TVs!
- Rockit Bar and Grill: look, there’s the Cup on the front page!
- Harry Caray’s: A great old classic bar and restaurant with tons of Chicago photos and even a cool secret mobster shrine in the basement.
If none of these appeal to you, you don’t HAVE to go to an official bar, pretty much any bar with a TV in Chicago will be playing Hawks games, or will put them on if you ask.
Also! If you’re really a Blackhawks fan, be sure to go have a meal at The Palace Grill. Not only is it a neat old vintage diner, but it’s by The United Center and packed with Hawks stuff. Rumor has it that the players themselves stop in from time to time, too. Fun!