Now that Thanksgiving is over, it’s time for Christmas stuff to start.
There are several fun Christmasy things to do this week.
- Wednesday December 1st, 5:30pm – 8:00pm: The Very First Ever Downtown Christmas Stroll, Downtown on Tejon from Boulder St. to Colorado St.. Over 30 local merchants and restaurants will join together for tastiness, fun, and savings. Several restaurants will be serving food in the different shops. Some of the food/shop pairings that I’m looking forward to are: Jack Miller Jewelry Designers/ Johannes Hunter Jewelers/The Famous, Regina’s Unique Boutique/Saboz Boutique/Mrs. Fields, Savory Spice/Terra Verde/Nosh, The Phancy Pheasant/Vintages Wine and Spirits/Paris Crepe (oh yea, my two faves!) Plus the shops will be having specials, discounts, and prizes. You’ll need to register at the shops for the drawing. First prize is a ski package valued over $500, courtesy of Silverton Mountain Skiing and Grand Imperial Hotel. Second prize is a $150 gift card courtesy of Genesis MedSpa. Third prize is a $100 gift card that can be used at most any shop Downtown, courtesy of The Downtown Partnership.
- Friday December 3rd, 5:00pm-8:00pm: Bear Creek By Candlelight, 245 Bear Creek Road. Music by the Colorado Springs Philharmonic, family activities, live animals demonstrations, lit paths and food from Texas Roadhouse.
- Saturday December 4th, 5:30pm: Festival Of Lights Parade,starting at St. Vrain and Tejon and going down Tejon to Vermijo. This is my 5th Christmas in Colorado Springs and I’ve never been to this parade so I’m looking forward to it this year.
- Sunday December 5th, 1:00pm- 5:00pm: Old Colorado City Holiday Bed and Breakfast Tour. “A Few of Our Favorite Things” with mistletoe and sparkling snow and thousands of lights, eight local Old Colorado City Bed & Breakfasts- Old Town Guest House, Holden House, Lennox House, Avenue Hotel, Blue Skies Inn B&B, Onaledge, Rockledge Country Inn, and Red Crags Bed and Breakfast Inn- will open their doors fora holiday tour. Sponsored by the Old Colorado City Historical Society, guests will visit area B&Bs to benefit the non-profit organization and its history center with all proceeds donated to the society. You can get tickets at the OCC Historical Society’s bookstore located at 1 South 24th St, 80904.
- There are two Arts and Crafts sales this weekend, one at Colorado College: Friday, December 3rd from 4:00pm-8:00pm, Saturday, December 4th from 10:00 am-5:00 pm and Sunday, December 5th from 10:00 am -5:00 pm , and one across the street at Bemis Art School, part of the FAC, located at 818 Pelham Place which is off of Cache la Poudre just west of Cascade, Friday, December 3rd from 4:00 pm –8:00 pm , Saturday, December 4th from 9:00 am – 5:00 pm, and Sunday, December 5th from 10:00 am – 3:00 pm
- There are also two wine tastings at Vintages, 9 South Tejon, downtown. Wednesday December 1st from 4:00pm-7:00pm and Saturday December 4th from noon-5:00pm.
Let us know if there are other events we’re missing!