Interesting coincidence: Adrienne was googling something or other about the trailer and sent me this link to someone out in the world working on the same kind of trailer we have. Since I was at work, I didn’t have time to look over her link. (And also, since I was at work and I don’t waste Valuable Company Time on personal browsing, she should have never even sent me the link. I am a dedicated professional.)
Then later in the week, I get an email:
Hi, my name is Chris … . I live in West TN. I came across your blog site while searching the net for info regarding vinatge Play Mor Travel Trailes. I have a 1969 Play Mor 150. I bought it approx. 2 months ago and will start the renovation soon. It is hard to find others out there with this make of trailer. I do have the emblems on mine and have a source from a vintage trailer board I am a member of that can reproduce them. I would be happy to share info and pics with you regarding our trailers. What year is yours and how are you coming on the restoration? I look forward to hearing from you
After a little back and forth, I mention this to Adrienne, and she says, yes, that’s the same person whose blog link I sent you the other night. She pointed out that I never got back to her on that, and I had to remind her that I was devoted to a work task and could not be sidelined for even a moment.
So. Again, the Internet comes through. Chris is right: It is hard to find others out there with this kind of trailer. Not like those frou-frou Airstreams or fancy-pants Shastas. Play-Mor trailer owners are an elite club. So far, me and Chris and that survivalist guy somewhere in the Colorado woods.
So take a look at Chris’s site and check out all the good work he’s doing. Pretty impressive.
Meanwhile, in the Rockies
on this side of the Rockies, my progress so far: The hideous paneling inside has been painted a light blue, which was a lot more work than I expected. I also had the brilliant idea of caulking each groove in the paneling so it wouldn’t have a bunch of black stripes all over. Looks better, I think, but it was time consuming. There’s also been a recent development that I’m keeping an eye on. After painting it, there have been some water stains show through. Now, I’m not sure whether this means there’s leaking currently happening or whether the old damage is showing through the paint. I believe it’s the latter. (Note: Thanks to the extra-super-smart Cragnotti family for pointing out my embarrassing geographical error. This writer apparently doesn’t know what side of the Continental Divide he lives on. Derp.)
We’ve also replaced all the cabinet hardware and yanked up all the carpeting. We were going to replace the flooring with something, but we kind of like the yellow original. We also added some trim and removed the head-knocking bunk.
The other day, I noticed that not only were the tires looking pretty worn, but that they were passenger tires. Apparently, there are special trailer tires, with stiffer sides, that are made specifically for being on a trailer. So we got a couple of new ones put on for peace of mind.