It’s that time of year again, where we shamelessly ask for your vote on The Independent’s annual Best of Colorado Springs survey.
Last year, we tied for third with then-Business Journal writer John Hazlehurst and decided that he must be destroyed. He has since moved to the Indy, which means that while he still pens a regular column, we have not seen any Hazlehurst-specific “blog.” Consider yourself destroyed, Mr. Hazlehurst.
The first-place winner was a coupon thing, so whatever with that. Who can compete with bargains? The second-place winner is a member of Big Media, and who can trust Big Media?
It’s time for Oinkety to be the Springs’ No. 2 blog.
You have to vote for at least 15 things for your ballot to count. Here’s a sampling of what we voted for:
- Best Wait Staff: Detz Cafe.
- Best Restaurant for Tourists: Paris Crepe.
- Best French Restaurant: La Baguette. The one on Chestnut.
- Best Patio Dining: Shuga’s.
- Best Middle Eastern Restaurant: Taste of Jerusalem.
- Best Food Truck: Phat Hattie’s.
- Best Burger: Drifter’s.
- Best Place for Ice Cream: Dogtooth Cafe.
- Best Local Beer for Winter: Bristol’s Venetucci Pumpkin Ale, of course good luck getting any.
- Best Breakfast: Smiley’s.
- Best Caterer: Blue Sage Catering.
- Best Place for an Over-the-Top Gift: Pink Kitty Studios.
- Best Photographer: Pink Kitty Studios.
- Best Naughty Business: Pink Kitty Studios.
- Best Local Twitterer: @barelyescape.
- Best Local Blogger: Oinkety!
Adrienne and I agreed on a few of the categories. But we disagreed on a bunch, too:
- Best Neighborhood Restaurant – West: Adrienne enjoys La Baguette, but I like Cucuru.
- Best Neighborhood Restaurant – Central: Adrienne went with Shuga’s, while I went with Detz.
- Best Restaurant for Dining Alone: Adrienne would rather go to Shuga’s alone, and I prefer Poor Richard’s.
In fact, for just about every category, Adrienne picked Shuga’s. Best Happy Hour; Best Patio; Best Place for a Wedding Reception; Best Appetizers; Best Soup; Best Bartender (Kevin); Best Place for a Fancy-Pants Cocktail. Someone has a Shuga’s addiction.