We thought it would be fun for my birthday to take the trailer on its first trip, so we loaded everything up and headed to my favorite fishing spot, Deckers.
The trailer wasn’t 100 percent completed yet, but we decided to give it a shot anyway. A test run, if you will. We also looked at it as an opportunity to see how everything works and to see if there’s anything else we need to do. It was also an opportunity to test out my new fishing rod, the Sage Vantage 590.
A few things we learned:
- Tying the leader to the tippet is kind of hard. I kind of caught a fish, but when the knot failed, so did the catching of said fish. Next time, fish. Next time.
- There’s a bunk bed in the trailer that has to go. We bumped our heads no fewer than a dozen times on this damn thing, and so the next time I’m around it with a screwdriver, it will be removed. Storage be damned!
- In the woods, cupcakes are better than real cake.
- Flushing the Sanitation Equipment Visa 248 Deluxe Portable Toilet took some getting used to. Good thing nobody had to poop.
- When debating about whether to turn the heat on, in freezing weather, it’s probably a good idea to just go ahead and turn the heat on.