Our simple bedroom renovation

Our 1911 Craftsman house in Colorado Springs needed some fixing-up when we bought it. When we discovered we needed to sell it shortly after we bought it, we started on a four month renovation.

The bathroom and the kitchen were the rooms that required the most work. The rest of the place just needed some sprucing up.

The bedroom needed some patching, some sanding down of wood trim, and some paint. We also stripped all the old paint off the hardware  as we did in every other room.

Painting the bedroom

Painting the bedroom in neutral Benjamin Moore Horizon, with Benjamin Moore Cotton Balls on the trim.

Lots of cracks in the plaster that needed to be fixed.

Lots of cracks in the plaster that needed to be fixed.

Sanding down the wood doors for repainting. If we were going to live there we would have spent the time and money and had them professionally stripped.

Sanding down the wood doors for repainting. If we were going to live there we would have spent the time and money and had them professionally stripped.

Sometimes it's the little things. We changed out the light switch to a dimmer. Also, we replaced all the off white outlet covers with white ones.

Sometimes it's the little things. We changed out the light switch to a dimmer. Also, we replaced all the off white outlet covers with white ones.

We like to paint the trim before the walls

Once we were done painting, we noticed it needed some caulk. Oops, that was backwards. But it looked fine because the caulk and the trim colors were pretty much identical.

The bedroom before and after

The bedroom before and after

Renovated bedroom

Renovated bedroom

Renovated bedroom

Renovated bedroom

The floors didn’t need anything but a good scrubbing. We were pretty happy with the results!