It hasn’t been the best road trip, I’m afraid. Inadequate planning and bad weather have tested our road-trip mettle, and we’ve fared poorly so far. But tomorrow’s another day, and we’re going to keep going.
However, I’ve been learning a lot on this road trip.
- CruiseAmerica rental RVs are kind of junky.
- Do not buy meat at Wal-Mart.
- The cats don’t care about the millions of years it took to form the magnificent formations of Arches National Park. They have no sense of history or scale.
- When someone in the vehicle is cold, discussions about the distinction between freezing and brisk might not be appropriate.
- Utah’s liquor and beer laws are shockingly stupid.
- It’s possible that not everyone in the vehicle appreciates your unique rendition of Johnny Horton’s “North (to Alaska).”
- When she asks if you want to change your shirt, it’s not really a question. She’s telling you to change your shirt.
At any rate, we’ve somehow managed to not kill each other or destroy the RV. And we’ve also somehow managed to end up in Moab, Utah, with a bunch of off-roaders in the rain.