It’s that time of year again to vote for all your favorite things in the Springs. The Independent’s annual compendium goes far beyond where to go and what to see. Vote for your favorite mechanic, the best brewery, the Springs’ best radio personality, Town Clown. If it’s here in the Springs, it’s in the ballot. The deadline to vote is August 31 so go on and vote now!
Adrienne is the owner of Pink Kitty Studios, a local glamour photography studio, and she wants to get in on it this year.
We think Pink Kitty Studios would be great in the following categories:
- Best Photographer
- Best Place to Buy a Thoughtful, Over-the-Top Gift
- Best Naughty Business
You’ll need to vote in 15 categories for your ballot to count and to be entered to win an iPad.
If you need suggestions on the other categories, here’s how we voted (and we consider ourselves to be experts on Colorado Springs!):
- Best New Restaurant: Paris Crepe
- Best Patio Dining: Arabica Cafe
- Best Burger: Drifters
- Best Middle Eastern Restaurant: Taste Of Jerusalem
- Best Local Pizza Joint: Poor Richard’s
- Best Crepes: Paris Crepe
- Best Ice Cream/Gelato: Colorado Creamery
- Best Cafe: Shuga’s
- Best Local Coffee House: The Coffee Exchange
- Best Gourmet /Spice Market: Extraordinary Ingredients
- Best Bike Shop: Bicycle Village
- Best Veterinarian: Pikes Peak Veterinary Clinic
- Best Bartender: Kevin at Shuga’s
- Best Happy Hour: Nosh
- Best Weekly Bar Event: Lola Spitfire’s Peaks and Pasties Burlesque Show
- Best Neighborhood Bar – Central: Tony’s (The bar we love to hate!)
- Best Local Microbrew to Drink in Summer: Bristol Brewing’s Yellow Kite
And of course, don’t forget Best Local Blogger: Oinkety!